Friday, July 27, 2012

Triple T's (Trash To Treasures)

Hello hello bloggers :)

Have you ever seen something sitting on the curb of someones house, and wondered or wanted to inspect it? Then chicken out, and pass on by it to only wish you had just checked its condition?
I know I have, plenty of times and so after a few "pass me by's" I decided I would keep in mind that someone else's trash can become your treasure.

Now, this is not to say you pick every little thing on the curb ewww yucky.. but if you see a dresser or a chair that may have potential .. well, why not?

The other day my hubby surprised me with a very nice dresser he picked up along a curb on his way, and said to me "well I know your crafty and have asked for a dresser for your craft room can do something to refurbish this" ding ding ding.. it has potential, the bone structure was beautiful, no yucky smell or cob webs (hate those little critters) all it was missing was a drawer, easy to fix.

So after I wiped it cleaned, I began to sand that sucker down (by hand may I add as I do not own a power tool). I knew immediately I wanted to paint it white and distress it to give it a vintage feel (saw this look at .. yup you guessed it, Pottery Barnes) and why not replicate it at little to no fraction of a cost.

I must admit, I think I chewed more than I can handle but its turning out pretty nifty. Here are a few pics of the dresser and the progress ..
(oh and by the way, I was too excited to take BEFORE photos of its original look)

Here's the dresser after I primed it & distressed it, its missing a drawer so I plan on moving all the drawers up and leaving the last one w/o a drawer and add wicker baskets to it.
The inside shows the oak tone it had
The top of the dresser was primed, painted & then distressed
The drawers will have a beautiful glass knob




 So stay tune to see it displayed in my craft room once the craft room is completed.. I'm so excited at how its turning out :)

Next time you see something that may have potential.. remember another mans trash may become your treasure with a little elbow grease heehee..

Hugs


 



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Janet, Im looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Lee x

    ReplyDelete